3.1 PHILLIP LIM, SPRING 2010 MENS.










Normally I pay no attention to designers or brands of Asian ancestry mainly because I cant tell who’s who because of the similarities of their appearance or surname – Lim, Wang, Sui, Lam, kao, & wu to name a few, its like having to learn another different language. Seriously, how many of you click on Phillip Lim’s collection first every season? Don’t lie.

For the first time since 2007, through an online forum somewhere I came across 3.1 Phillip Lim S/S 10 New York collection. This collection deserves a mention on the blog, it was OOC and literally made me die, and it’s bananas. I’m struggling for words.

It was mixed of everything nice; sartorial without having to look serious and above all, it’s was contrasting to the collection we’ve seen this spring. When a designer tries to inject a certain quirkiness to a menswear collection, it doesn’t always appeal to me. In this case, the element of quirkiness was just right. A perfect exploration of the classic menswear without looking funny. I simply love it.

Dinie.


2 comments:

  1. You have to hand it to the brand. Menswear with a tinge of Asian, I don't think so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dont think there anything asian in his collection, i love it.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, Thank you for your comments!